Sunday, February 7, 2010

Wreck this Journal? Really??

I buy journals all the time with the intention of writing in them. Pink fuzzy journals, sleek black journals, pocket-size journals, and journals with crisp, fresh paper just waiting for my wistful reflections. For the first few days after my new journal purchase, I'm completely motivated to write. I crawl in bed, pull my journal into my lap, and write, write, write about everything and nothing. Man, what a feeling!But then, something happens that I'm not proud of. I stop writing. Completely.

Then, after months of not writing, staring at my journal and feeling ashamed for not writing, I go out and buy a brand new journal, thinking that it will motivate me to begin writing. And it does! For about a week. Ok, you see where this is going. The vicious journal cycle repeats itself.


Well, guess what! I've found a journal that won't leave me feeling ashamed and embarrassed about my journal-abandonment issues any longer. This is a journal that you don't even have to WRITE in! All you have to do is completely destroy it. Seriously!


Here are some of the ridiculous yet incredibly satisfying things that you may do to this journal:
Fling it at a wall
Shower with it
Spill coffee on it
Write on it with food
Scribble really hard on it
Sleep with it

If you are a commited journal writer, do not even open this book. It will most likely make you angry. However, if your journal topics are lame or just the thought of picking up a pen and recording your deepest thoughts makes you break out in hives, I suggest you crack open your piggy bank and invest in your mental health.
I promise you this journal will not collect dust on your nightstand!

Recipe to Read By: Cow Pie Cookies
Although they look awful, they are quite therapeutic. (Kind of like Wreck this Journal!)


2 c. granulated sugar

1/4 c. cocoa

1/2 c. milk

1/4 c. butter

1/2 c. chunky peanut butter

1/4 tsp. vanilla

3 c. quick oatmeal (dry)


Melt butter in milk over low heat. Add sugar, cocoa. Cook to boiling. Remove from heat, wait 1 minute and add peanut butter, vanilla and oatmeal. Mix quickly. Drop by tablespoons onto wax paper. Cool. Eat. Rub the chocolately crumbs into your new journal and feel like an accomplished journalist.

5 comments:

  1. Too funny. My oldest, another guilt-ridden non-journal writer would LOVE this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I saw that book in a store a while ago and thought it was hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post made me think of so many of my kids' books - with squashed broccoli or noodles in between the pages... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds so good! I wish I could have it right now! Great job on the post too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow it sounds like a good book!!Would I like it?

    ReplyDelete